Selling handbags online can be a lucrative business, whether you’ve decided to open up an online store, or you already own a marketplace, reseller, or auction site. One of the most important parts of your business is the point-of-sale process. Whether you want to sell your products online or in person, you’ll need a trusted credit card processor to make the payment process as simple as possible for both you and your customers. In this post, we’ll take a look at how to use ChargeStripe to sell handbags, designer watches, or other luxury items online.
TRY CHARGESTRIPE NOW
Selling Handbags Online with the ChargeStripe App
If you’ve purchased enough inventory to have your own store, you may want to sell your merchandise offline in person as well as online. ChargeStripe can help you manage offline on-demand payments through the app or approved card reader.
And, if you own a marketplace, reseller, or auction site, ChargeStripe is a great way to manage payments of high ticket items in a secure way that allows for payment tracking and fast payouts, all from the mobile app and with no monthly fee.
ChargeStripe allows you to:
- Send invoices or payment requests online, via email, or SMS.
- Set up recurring payments.
- Scan credit and debit cards in person with your phone or a credit card machine.
- Integrate with Stripe for payment processing by connecting your mobile device to accept credit card payments, send invoices and manage customer data.
- Accept online and mobile payments, for both iOS and Android.
- Support payments in 27 currencies and 46 countries.
- Easily send receipts to your customers.
- Access helpful customer support.
Benefits of accepting credit cards for your customers
Credit cards are:
- A trustworthy way to submit payments online or in-person (there are scams in the reselling industry, so this one’s important).
- The most preferred way to pay over other methods.
- Convenient and fast to use.
- Helpful when it comes to tracking costs.
- Often equipped with rewards and points programs for added benefit.
Benefits of accepting credit cards for handbag resellers
- Since there’s a broader base of credit card users including from any geographic location, you have the opportunity to increase sales in your handbag reselling business. Often, people can’t or choose not to pay in cash or other methods.
- When people pay via credit card in person, they tend to spend more and are more likely to impulse buy because they don’t physically see the dollar amount they’re spending, like they would in cash.
- Your cash flow can improve since credit card payments hit your bank account within just a few days of the purchase. You avoid the need to invoice and wait longer for checks to clear your account.
- Your handbag reselling business will be more competitive with others on the market if you accept credit cards. Plus, if you’re a smaller operation, you’ll be on a more even playing field with larger competitors, removing a barrier to customers choosing them simply because of payment method options.
How to Get Started
1. Download the ChargeStripe app
Get the ChargeStripe app for free from the Apple or Android app store. Simply install it on your phone, and we’ll guide you through the rest.
TRY CHARGESTRIPE NOW
2. Set up your Stripe account in the ChargeStripe app
If you already have a Stripe account, just enter your account information to connect it.
If you don’t have a Stripe account, it’s easy to get one directly in ChargeStripe. The initial set-up takes about a half-hour, so set aside some time and make sure you have the following information on hand.
- Business email address: This is your login, and it’s where Stripe will send you notifications about payments. If you have a business email already set up, use that one, or get a Gmail address like “email@example.com”.
- Physical business address: Stripe currently supports customers in 46 countries, including the US and Canada. If you don’t have a specific business location, use your home address.
- Business phone number: You’ll need to enter a “customer support” number, so if you don’t have a dedicated business line, consider setting up a free Google Voice number.
- Social Security Number (SSN) or Employer Identification Number (EIN): If you’re a sole proprietor, you’ll pay income taxes under your SSN. If you have an LLC or S-Corp set up for your business, use your Federal EIN.
- Website or social media profile: Stripe uses this as part of its verification process. If your business doesn’t have a website, the quickest thing to do is set up a Facebook page.
- Personal information: This includes your name, home address, birthday, and the last four digits of your SSN.
- Banking information: You’ll need a checking account routing number and bank account number to which Stripe will transfer payments.
This might seem like a lot of information, but the application process helps ensure that people aren’t using Stripe for fraudulent activities. This is good for you, since maintaining security and a high level of customer trust means that your customers won’t second guess your integrity when it comes to handing you their credit card to make a purchase. You can assure them with peace of mind that you’re processing payments securely.
Stripe may take a few business days to approve your account or flag any issues. Once you’ve passed the application process, you’re ready to start accepting payments!
Your first payment will take 7-10 days to process and transfer, so it’s wise to make a small payment to yourself (maybe $1.00) to start the process. After that, payments are generally transferred within 2 business days.
3. Collect credit card payments and send invoices from anywhere
With ChargeStripe you can accept credit card payments at any time, from anywhere. In-person, you can swipe with an optional card reader or scan a card with your phone’s camera. Take payments over the phone by typing in card information to the keypad. Or, send a payment request by email or text message along with your order confirmation.You can also securely save customer information, set up information for recurring payments, and save frequent charges like handbags from a specific brand or line. It’s so easy to send a customer’s receipt right from the app, and see when money is transferred to your account. You and your luxury handbag customers will absolutely love how easy the ChargeStripe process is.