These days it doesn’t matter what or where you sell. You need to accept credit cards or you may be delaying payments and losing out on sales.
The good news is that accepting mobile credit card payments on Stripe is super easy with ChargeStripe, whether you’re selling flowers at farmers’ markets or running a local handyman service.
1. Download the ChargeStripe app
2. Set up your Stripe account in the ChargeStripe app
If you already have a Stripe account, just enter your account info to connect it.
If you don’t have a Stripe account, you can get one right in ChargeStripe. The initial set up will take you about 30 minutes, so set aside a little time, and make sure you have the following information at hand.
- Business email address: This is your log-in, and it’s where Stripe will send you notifications about payments. If you have a business email already set up, use that one, or set yourself up with a Gmail address like “email@example.com.”
- Physical business address: Stripe currently supports customers in 23 countries, including the U.S. and Canada. If you don’t have a specific business location, you can use your home address here.
- Business phone number: You’ll also need to enter a “customer support” number, so you may want to set up a free Google Voice number if you don’t have a dedicated business phone line.
- Social Security Number or Employer Identification Number: If you’re a sole proprietor, you’ll pay any income taxes under your SSN. If you have an LLC or S-Corp set up for your business, use your Federal EIN.
- Website or social media profile: Stripe uses this as part of your verification process. If your business doesn’t have a website, the quickest thing to do is set up a Facebook page.
- Personal information: Including your name, home address, birthday, and last four digits of your Social Security Number.
- Banking information: You’ll need a checking account routing number and bank account number. Stripe will transfer payments to this account.
It might seem like a lot of information, but the application process helps make sure that people aren’t using Stripe for fraudulent activities. This is good for you because maintaining security and a high level of customer trust means that customers won’t think twice about handing you their credit card to make a purchase, and you can assure them you’re processing payments securely.
Stripe may take up to a couple business days to approve your account, or flag any issues. Once you’ve passed the application process, you’re ready to start accepting payments!
Your first payment will take 7-10 days to process and transfer, so you may want to make a small payment to yourself (like $1.00) to start the process. After that, payments are generally transferred within 2 business days.
3. Accept mobile credit card payment on Stripe anywhere, on the go
With ChargeStripe you can accept credit card payment on Stripe from anywhere. Swipe with our card reader in person. Take an order over the phone, and type in card information. Or scan a card using your phone’s camera. No need to worry about being stranded. If you have your phone, you can take a payment.
You can type in any amount for your charges, or if you have inventory or set product and service packages, you can also set them up so you can select a specific item in one click. You and your customers will love how easy it is, and you’ll never miss out on a sale because someone didn’t have cash again.