While accepting payment for your products or services is pretty much your most important business task, that doesn’t mean it should take the most time! You want the process to be as quick and professional as possible. So if typing in credit card numbers is taking up too much of your time, try using your phone’s camera to scan credit cards instead.
Using your camera to capture credit card info is simple with the ChargeStripe app.
Here are step-by-step instructions:
1. Open the ChargeStripe app and enter an amount to charge. Press “Next” at the top right of the screen.
2. From the Payment screen, tap the camera icon.
3. Position your phone to get a picture of the credit card. The blue lines will come together to form a rectangle when the card is in position and ChargeStripe has captured the credit card information.
4. Enter the CVV number (for Visa and Mastercard, this is a 3 digit code usually found on the back of the card; for Amex, it’s 4 digits, usually found on the front of the card). Press “Done” at the top right of the screen.
5. Add an optional description or customer email to your transaction if you wish, and hit “Charge” at the top right of your screen.
6. That’s it! You’ll see a “Payment successful” message appear. You’ve just charged your customer’s credit card using your smart phone’s camera.
Camera option not coming up for you? Here’s how to fix it.
If you don’t get the camera option, you probably just need to enable camera access in your phone’s settings.
1. Go to “Settings” on your phone.
2. Scroll down to find the ChargeStripe app, and tap it to see the details.